Not all burglary incidents are as clean and harmless as the story. Most of the time, such incidents are too destructive that it does not just harm property but also life.
If the old lady could have installed a burglar alarm system in her house maybe the burglar may have been captured by the police. Also, she could have locked her bedroom immediately before the burglar broke into it.
Burglar alarms are very important security instruments. The importance of these instruments is not just limited to securing property and life but also giving peace of mind to residents.
These tools are commonly used in stores and other business establishments. In fact they were designed to be mounted in such establishments. Nowadays, burglar alarm kits are already available for home installation.
Here are ways on how to acquire burglar alarm kits for residential use:
• Know the physical attributes of your home. Particularly, take note of the entry points in your home like windows, doors, basement exit, fire exits, etc. When these entry points are integrated with the alarm system, you have a higher chance of detecting unauthorized entry.
• Look for security companies that offers burglar alarm system kit installation. Asking the police department for lists of companies is a more effective way of looking for a security company that is trustworthy. Upon finding several prospect companies, ask for a written quote and invite them for a home inspection.
• There are several types of alarm systems. In many cities, there are alarms that do not make sounds but can detect movements and can alarm the police directly. There are also alarms that sounds loud to let you and neighbors know of an illegal entry and can drive away burglars. The next type is the telephone relayed alarm that when an illegal entry is detected, the system dials the police or the security company’s number and plays a recorded message alarming the latter that something wrong is going on. These three are just some of so many types of burglar alarm systems. Look for one that you deem most suitable for your home and your location.
More: Best Keyless Entry Locks
• Draft a good physical plan where you want to put the control panel, the keypad and other necessary component included in the kit. The control panel is basically a switch that turns the alarm on and off. Make sure that this important component is installed in the most strategic location.
• You may also choose the general alarm. There are alarms that do not just detect movements but as well as temperature changes, flood, smoke, etc.